Friday, September 18, 2015

Tic-Tac-Toe Phonics Practice


Posting this activity almost seems silly. It's sooooo simple. But sometimes those kinds of activities are truly the best.

Each week our kindergartner is learning five new phonics sounds. To help him review last week's letter sounds, I whipped up a quick tic-tac-toe game.


I made the cross-hatch tic-tac-toe out of wooden craft sticks and hot glue. It's totally unnecessary, though. Just draw the lines on paper if you'd prefer.

On two different colors of sticky notes, I wrote the letters he'd be practicing. (You'll need to cut the notes to fit.)

When he got home from school, he and I played - him with one color of notes and me with the other (instead of Xs and Os). 


Each time we played a letter, we had to make the letter sound. 

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment