Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful Turkey Art


Living a grateful life is important to me. And I want it to be important to my sons. Because of this, I’ve come to recognize Thanksgiving as one of the most beautiful holidays. You gather with the people you love around a bounty of food, which many people in the world are not so blessed to have.

What a beautiful occasion – a whole day devoted to family, friends, and giving thanks!

To prep my kids, we made a family turkey (who was named “Super Turkey”). The boys and I colored its body, which I printed on heavyweight cardstock. Then my husband joined us and each of us wrote things that we are thankful for on feathers that were printed and cut out of fall-colored cardstock. (I dictated for our 3-year-old son.)

Download a 2-page PDF of these templates here.

We glued them on our turkey and a snapshot of the blessings our family has received this year was preserved for eternity. Among the things we’re thankful for: good health (only six treatments of radiation and then I’m done!!), family, love, ice cream, LEGOs, and football.


Gobble! Gobble! When I count my many blessings, my blog followers are certainly among them. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is one of my favorites too! It sometimes feels frustrating when I go in to stores and see that they have completely overlooked Thanksgiving for Christmas. Grrr!!

    I love how your turkey is so realistic! We usually make a thankful tree but my boys seemed so bored with it this year and haven't wanted to make one. I am definitely printing this out! I think it's just I need to motivate my kids. Thank you for such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete