Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Printable Lacing Cards: Numbers 0-10


Fine motor skills need practice and learning numbers takes practice, so voila. I made some number lacing cards for my little guy. 


You can download a PDF of these free 0-10 Lacing Cards from Google Drive here


I printed ours on heavyweight cardstock and laminated them for extra durability. Then I cut them apart and used my handy unconventional hole punch. 

To make the lacing strings, I cut lengths of yarn. I clipped toothpicks, added a dot of glue in the center and tied a knot around the middle. This prevented the yarn from being pulled through the first hole. 

At the other end of the yarn, I used clear tape to carefully and tightly wrap the end to prevent fraying and make threading the yarn through the holes a little easier.


Now all that was left to do was hand over the cards to my youngest son. I had him start each card at the star and end at the colored hole.

He concentrated so hard to weave the yarn in and out of the holes and was so proud to finish a card. I love the combination of math and fine motor practice he gets with these cards!

Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Well done, I made a similar set years ago but had problems with the number 4 - I like how you solved it. Why didn't I think of that???? I know how to fix it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used a star as a starting point, my little one has trouble knowing where to start her numbers, especially number 8. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you made any printable alphabet lacing cards yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did you punch the holes? Great printable BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to use a non-traditional hole punch. Click on this link to see the one I've got (and love). I bought it at our local hobby/craft store in the scrapbooking section. http://deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com/2014/07/pegboard-practice-states-capitals.html

      Delete
  5. what is your unconventional hole punch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog post features a link to the punch I use: http://deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com/2014/07/pegboard-practice-states-capitals.html

      Delete
  6. No puedo imprimir

    ¿Dónde se pincha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link above the two numbered cards graphic. Sometimes Google Drive requires you ask permission to view the doc. This can be done from Google Drive (it will send me a request) or you can email me (address is under the About tab) and I'll reply with a PDF attached.

      Delete
  7. how i can download this??
    please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link above the two numbered cards graphic. Sometimes Google Drive requires you ask permission to view the doc. This can be done from Google Drive (it will send me a request) or you can email me (address is under the About tab) and I'll reply with a PDF attached.

      Delete