Friday, December 2, 2011

Spelling with Cheez-Its


I love the Scrabble Junior Cheez-Its. Whenever it’s my son’s turn to take a snack to school and I’m too busy (or lazy) to whip up muffins or trail mix, these are my go-to purchase.


Since my son often does his afterschool activities while eating a snack, using Cheez-Its for our activity was perfect! I created a worksheet with some blanks and a grid. 

Download the Cheez-It Spelling worksheet here.
Then I added the snack crackers to the grid, being careful not to include any letter more than once.

Next I told my son to look and see what words he could make with the letters. For now, I let him move the crackers to try-out different combinations but eventually, we’ll play this like Boggle, where he’ll have to find the words in the grid, without moving the letters.

 
This may be one of the simplest activities we’ve done, but it was deliciously fun and can easily be repeated over and over again without getting boring.

My son came up with some great words – including the name of his new LEGO Ninjago figure Zane.

Sometimes it’s fun to play with your food.

Just ask my son!

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! We love to use the letter chez its at our house. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete