About my boy
- I want my child to LOVE learning.
- I see it as an opportunity to bond with my son.
- Not every challenge he faces in school can be taught in the way that he learns.
- I believe that parents are just as responsible for their child’s education as teachers are.
- I want my son to know that school is important (and not just because his father and I told him so).
- I want to encourage his interests, curiosity, and natural gift for certain subjects.
- And I want to help him succeed in learning the things that he struggles with.
Do I think parents are bad if they don’t do what I’m doing? No. There are lots of ways to accomplish all the things noted above. My way is not the right way for every parent or every child. But it works for us and so I’m thrilled that blogging has enabled me to share the ideas and the activities we do with caregivers, parents, grandparents, school teachers, and homeschoolers.
E-mail me at deceptivelyeducational (at) gmail.com