Monday, July 8, 2013

After School Linky Party (7/8)


Welcome to the After School Linky!


Every week I try to narrow down my favorites from the previous week's party.
"I'll pick five or less," I think.
And every week I. cannot. do. it. (sigh)
So, yet again, here are six of the phenomenal activities shared last week.


Viscosity Races - Large Scale by Science Sparks.
(Kids test the speed liquids flow with a stop watch. Fun + educational = awesome!)


Totem Poles by ArtClubBlog.
(Would you believe it? That is none other than paint, paper mache and a cardboard cylinder [think Pringles can]. Stunning!)


Creating Tessellation Mathmatical Artwork by Highhill Education.
(I have ALWAYS been fascinated by tessellations. Thanks to jmommymom's tutorial, I can make them with my son now!)


Word Family Houses for short i by The Measured Mom.
(If you have/know an emergent reader, immediately click this link. These free printables are simple, fun, and oh-so-very useful!)


Science for Kids: Make a Penny Turn Green (with free printable) by Buggy and Buddy.
(With materials you have on hand, kids will be amazed at this chemical reaction.)


Summer Word Jar (Plus Tips and Ideas) by What Do We Do All Day?.
(Expand kids' vocabulary in a fun and engaging way - with a word jar! This is SO clever.)


Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational

We would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, homeschool or on the weekend! When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or Feature on our After School Party next week! Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words, and for featuring my totem pole project. You've always got great ideas on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your kind comments over at my blog, and I think this is a very nice linky, however, we homeschool all the time and don't "After" School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring our tessellations. I love the other features too - especially the totem poles.

    ReplyDelete